Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Otto Hutt Dragon Back Run

1st January, 2012

Venue : Kelab Penembak Bandar Di Raja Klang
Distant : 15KM

One of the toughest route with 8 big hills and not counting the slopes but I managed to conquer it all and survived to write it hahah... Tough and yet challenging at the same time...my strategy was to walk uphill and run downhill. Envied those who can run up hill effortlessly. Taking one hill at a time, with rubbery legs, after each hill it left me breathless and counting on my knees to steady me...and taking a deep breath before climbing the next one.  The road is long and straight and after one hill the next one is in sight. One hill at a time, I can do it, the end is near...that was my mantra...phewww!!!

It was quite lonely at first, not until a familiar rear sight caught my eyes...You guessed it right...caught up with Herman at 6km. Asked him as always..."What happen to you?". Actually, he was having an energy bar and had some near cramp episode and thus had to walk...The qualifying time given was 3 hrs. Plenty of time and no pressure to finish fast...So the rest of the km was done running, walking and chatting, huffing and puffing. 

At the finish line, Azza was there waiting for me and gave me a "high 5". Appreciated the   moral support. You did swell!

Every time I see a hill, I changed to walking mode. Lacking of leg power, stamina are some of the reasons. So, my resolution for this year 2012 is to run uphill instead of walking. This is my personal challenge. Can I do it?

 The NB shoe and the lucky no. that won him the grand prize. The price tag is RM299.00

Two weeks ago Herman fell down at Malakoff and got an early Christmas and New Year ang pow. This time  the fate changed and was so lucky to have won the grand prize for the lucky draw. Definitely a good way to start the new year and I hope all things good will follow thru out 2012. Unfortunately, the shoe doesn't fit and the sponsored items are not exchangeable. Looks like we have to look for a buyer who wears size US 6 1/2.  Wonder why don't they give NB vouchers instead?

First finisher medal and certificate for the year. Nice and I loved it!


Happy New Year. Hope 2012 will be a good year for my family, friends and everyone. Peace on earth and hope no natural disaster :)

    

4 comments:

Azza said...

Congrats..u conquered the killing hills. For ur challenge 2012, u can do it! Done my personal challenge but for exchange losing something so precious to me. Am broken hearted :( Hope more run heals the pain. See u sometime.. somewhere...take care.

serena said...

Thanks for the encouragement...and for the thing that is precious to you, I can only wish you heal fast...See you at Brooks - I already sign up for 21km.

June Malik said...

Well donee :) u did it ..

serena said...

Thanks for your motivation...i wouldn't mind doing it again with you...whenever you are ready to roll...its a date!