Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Olympic Day Run 2010

26th September, 2010


This was our 1st Olympic Day run and looking around, I gathered this event is most popular among school children. Happily, we joined in the fun and might be lucky to get a medal if we try or run hard enough. With a cheap fee of RM10.00, we had nothing to lose except lose some fat and burned off some calories on a beautiful Sunday morning.

Most runners were seen wearing the McD tee shirt which comes in red, yellow, green and blue. I felt giddy looking at it. While at the waiting area, I was momentarily transported back to my school days when I represented green color  in sports. Hmm...not a time to daydream at that moment for I had a task to do, to finish at least in 50th position to secure a medal. Looks far-fetched but in the end it's the effort put in that matters the most.

Gun off at 7.30 a.m sharp. The distant was a short 7 km with  3 torturing hills  that I love to hate which were along Jalan Tunku right up to Jalan Parlimen. Water station at 3/4 km mark and  quite  disappointed  because  only plain water was served. With the sun already out and blazing hot,  100 plus would be a nice. About 1km  to the finish line along Padang Merbok, I saw Azza (bib no. E5244) hehehe...I tried to give chase, to say 'Hi' and surprise her but my tired legs had me walking instead :(   I should have whip out my camera and snap her rear view hahaha ...(just kidding). Maybe, next time...

At the end of the run, we had a cup of coke and immediately left the venue.

Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad. What a beautiful lighting!

 Warming up session with celebrity Ronald McDonald on the far left.

The  Mc Attack smile!!!

See what happen when you get  Mc Attack!! So, that was our lunch that afternoon and putting back the calories and adding a couple more back to our system!! :) Ha ha.

I like this advertising board. It's so colorful.

A Certificate of Participation. Only 50 medals were allotted under my category and there are many good runners out there.

Till the next running event, Cheers for now.

2 comments:

June Malik said...

janji have fun .. i had so many ppl calling looking to hook up with me there and i was in JB .. sigh ..

serena said...

10km & below is sure fun...also had fun munching the fries...munch..munch..